DIY Beauty Tips for Different Skin Types
There’s no denying in the fact that it can be mind-boggling to find the right skincare products that work the best for your specific skin type and concerns. Your hunt for suitable skincare products can get quite overwhelming with numerous manufacturers launching a myriad of innovative skincare products every other day. With the ever-expanding beauty industry, it becomes even more challenging to decide what your skin really needs and what is just a trend. Moreover, due to the growing awareness about the use of potentially harmful chemicals in synthetic skincare products, now more than ever, people are now turning to natural skincare ingredients. In today’s article, we’ll share some DIY beauty tips and help you discover the natural ingredients that are ideal for your particular skin type.
DIY Tips for Oily Skin
If you’re struggling with oily skin, you probably know that excessive sebum accumulation in your pores leads to blackheads, enlarged pores, acne breakouts. Here’s how you can look after your oily skin:
- Use Oatmeal for Cleansing and Exfoliation: Oatmeal is jam-packed with beauty benefits for oily and acne-prone skin. It helps to relieve oily skin by drawing out oil and all the impurities from the pores. Its slightly abrasive texture makes it an ideal exfoliator for oily skin while saponin in it acts as a natural cleansing agent. Mix 2-3 tablespoons of ground oatmeal with 1 tablespoon honey and a bit of water or rosewater to make a thick paste. Apply the mixture for 20-30 minutes and rinse off with cold water. Use it twice or thrice a week and let the goodness of these natural ingredients work their magic. We also recommend the use of our Coconut & Oatmeal Natural Soap Bar, because it’s rich with Coconut Milk & Oatmeal, which is soft and rejuvinating for the skin.
- Use Papaya to Make a Face Mask: Papaya has natural rejuvenating, exfoliating and oil-controlling properties, making it highly suitable for oily and acne-prone skin. Lemon is known as a natural bleaching ingredient perfect for eliminating acne scars and reducing the overproduction of sebum. To make the mask, mix a cup of mashed papaya with a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply onto your face. Massage it to your skin for a few minutes and leave for around 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water and enjoy a radiant and oil-free complexion.
DIY Beauty Tips for Dry Skin
Only those with dry skin can understand the frustration of dealing with itchy, flaky, and dehydrated skin. Nevertheless, you can manage your dry, sensitive skin with proper ingredients.
- Use Olive Oil as a Cleanser: Mainstream chemical-laden cleansers can make your skin worse by either stripping it of its natural oil or by aggravating it. Using natural oil as a cleanser will not only clean your pores but also ensure your skin is retaining plenty of moisture. Just massage olive oil into your skin and put a damp, warm cloth over your face. Wait for the cloth to cool and then wipe off the excess.
- Apply a Rich Avocado Mask: Avocados are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins (B, C, D, and E) that regenerate and deeply nourish the skin. Its antioxidant effect helps to calm inflammation and prevent damage due to environmental aggressors. Take puree of half an avocado and mix it with a tablespoon of honey (or a teaspoon of olive oil). Apply the mask for around 20 minutes and rinse it off. It will leave your skin moisturized, soft and plump.
Tips for Normal Skin
If you’re lucky enough for having normal skin then you don’t need to make many efforts to reduce and prevent skin care woes like other skin types. However, it’s important to take proper care and pamper your skin to keep it healthy and youthful for longer.
- Use Potato and Lemon Juice for Toning: Potato and lemon astringent will not only cleanse and constrict your pores but also brighten your complexion and reduce any pigmentation caused by everyday exposure to UV rays, dirt, chemicals, and other pollutants. Mix freshly squeezed juice of one potato and half a lemon to create your homemade toner. Apply it onto your skin with a cotton pad and allow it to work for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse off.
- Use Matcha, Honey, and Yogurt Mask: This mask will protect, exfoliate, moisturize, revitalize, and brighten your skin. Matcha is filled with natural antioxidants that prevent premature signs of aging by shielding against oxidative damage. Yogurt contains alpha hydroxyl acid and lactic acid that slough away dead skin cells and impurities from the skin. It also provides anti-aging benefits. Honey works wonders to moisturize and repair the skin. To make the mask, mix one teaspoon of matcha powder with two tablespoons of organic yogurt and one tablespoon of raw honey. Apply to clean face for about 15 to 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. Use it twice a week to keep your skin bright and supple.