Here at Dirty Skincare Co we understanding how daunting it can be to look at the ingredients list of a product and have no idea what any of it means or does. That is why we believe in educating our customers on exactly what goes into their product and the benefits they stand to achieve. Below is a list of ingredients that we use when formulating our Natural Soap Bars.
Natural Soap Health Benefits
BERGAMOT ESSENTIAL OIL:
- Has high anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it effective against acne, pimples & cysts.
- Helps balance out oily skin as it unclogs pores.
- Is a natural cleanser which helps remove dirt and impurities.
- Castor oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It can protect the skin from harmful toxins in the air. Containing triglycerides, castor oil helps maintain moisture in the skin, making it a good treatment for dry skin.
- The triglycerides found in castor oil are useful for removing dirt from the skin.
- Promotes tissue growth. It reduces dryness and cornification, which is the build up of dead skin cells around a wound.
- Coconut Milk is extremely soft and moisturizing. It is packed with vitamins C,E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 along with iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium.
- It can help fight against dryness, swelling, redness, itchiness and irritation of the skin, while promoting healthy and glowing skin.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties which help against sunburn and sensitive skin.
- Rich in vitamin C, E and copper, coconut milk helps maintain flexibility and elasticity in the skin.
- Due to its high-fat content and fatty acids, Coconut oil is a natural moisturiser. This helps because it gives your skin an intense form of hydration without stripping away the skin’s natural oils.
- Coconut Oil produces a deep cleansing, firm and creamy bar of soap. It has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties which soothes the skin while removing dirt, dead skin and skin impurities.
- With high levels of vitamin E, Coconut oil helps to repair the skin and prevent cracking. It replenishes skin with healthy oils.
- It’s a natural deodorizer and is great for removing makeup.
- Due to the antioxidants found in coffee, coffee grounds offer a deep-cleanse that clean your pores and remove any lingering dead skin cells and environmental pollutants.
- Has antioxidants that help soothe the skin and reduce redness.
- Coffee grounds have been linked to promote lipolysis. This is because it increases circulation around the body and helps to break down fatty cells. This can ultimately help with reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Goats Milk contains many vitamins, particularly vitamin A, which is necessary to repair damaged skin tissue and maintain healthy skin.
- Vitamin A has been proven to reduce lines and wrinkles, control acne and provide psoriasis relief.
- Contains alpha-hydroxy acids such as lactic acid which help remove dead skin cells from the skins surface. This leaves new cells on the surface and allows your skin to look smoother and younger.
- Contains important minerals for the skin such as selenium. Selenium is believed by scientists to have an important role in preventing skin cancer. Selenium can also prevent damage to the skin from excessive time in the sun.
- Because of its proven antimicrobial properties, grapeseed oil is used to treat acne and other skin bacteria issues.
- Rich in vitamins C,D & E which help in reducing wrinkles and scars.
- Has properties that help to tighten the skin and reduce the signs of aging.
- Is a natural moisturizer and can help nourish the skin while protecting it from UV rays and sun damage.
GREEN TEA LEAVES:
- Contains high levels of EGCG that helps soothe problematic skin and has been shown to reduce acne over long term use.
- Helps delay the signs of aging due to being rich in antioxidants & polyphenols.
- Protects against free radicals & promotes a healthy glow.
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL:
- Is proven to have strong antibacterial properties because lavender oil can penetrate the pores and kill any bacteria.
- Can help reduce redness, blotching, and ruddiness of the skin, helping to restore your bright, natural skin tone. Used regularly, Lavender essential oil can help reduce dark age spots.
- Good for wrinkle prevention. Rich with antioxidants, lavender essential oil can help protect your skin from free radicals.
- Due to its relaxing and soothing properties, Lavender essential oil can provide healing qualities to skin afflicted by eczema or psoriasis.
PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL:
- Peppermint essential oil is an effective natural painkiller, effective in relieving muscle and joint pain.
- It is known to control the secretion of excess oil, which is good because it prevents clogged pores.
- It promotes blood flow and helps revitalise your skin, leaving it looking and feeling fresh and hydrated.
- Olive oil contains three major antioxidants. Vitamin E, polyphenols and phytosterols. These antioxidants help protect the skin from premature aging, they help restore the skins smoothness and longevity and help protect against UV rays.
- Olive oil penetrates deeply into the skin while providing a cleansing effect. It doesn’t clog the pores like commercial moisturizers would.
- Olive oil is an excellent exfoliant. It can penetrate the skin and remove dead skin cells and leave the epidermis looking fresh and glowing.
PINK FRENCH CLAY:
- Pink French Clay is perfect for dry and sensitive skin types as it is rich in minerals that help to restore and replenish skin with moisture.
- It is rich in Silica, which helps to improve skin elasticity and cell renewal, leaving you with softer, younger looking skin.
- Has exfoliating properties and refining properties that minimize puffiness and the appearance of pores.
- Evens the skin tone, moisturize and soften the skin, and smooth the appearance of wrinkles.
- Ideal for acne-prone skin, oily, or afflicted skin.
- Leaves skin with a refreshed appearance
SUSTAINABLY HARVESTED PALM OIL:
- One of the most beneficial in palm oil is beta carotene. Beta carotene is a powerful antioxidant that kills of free radicals that can lead to premature aging.
- It is a natural source of vitamin A, C and E which have high antioxidant properties that help fight against acne, eczema and dermatitis.
- Has properties that help with active cell regeneration, which reduces scars, burns or spots over time.
RICE BRAN OIL:
- Due to its vitamin E and fatty acids, Rice Bran Oil is deeply hydrating and has wonderful deep moisturizing properties.
- Easily absorbed into the skin.
- Gentle and ideal for dehydrated, flaky, delicate, mature of fragile skin.
- Creates a creamy and rich bar of soap that softens and cleans your skin.
ROSE ESSENTIAL OIL:
- It is known to have properties as an , , antiseptic, , antiviral, , astringent, bactericidal, cholagogic, , depurative, emmenagogue, hemostatic, hepatic, laxative, nervine, stomachic, and a uterine substance.
- Helps reduce and fade scar, stretch marks, surgery marks, acne and skin marks.
- Is rich with anti-oxidiants that fight free radicals.
- Is one of the best and most effective essential oils for anti-aging properties.
- It’s known for its effectiveness as a skin moisturizer. It allows the skin to get proper nourishment when there is a shortage of sebum oil and in doing so prevents itchiness, flaking and rashes.
- Shea butter is a rich and effective moisturizer. It can help soften your skin without leaving it dry or itchy.
- Shea Butter is rich in vitamin A & E and aids the skins natural collagen production. Containing oleic, stearic, palmitic and linolenic acids, Shea Butter protects and nourishes the skin while strengthening and aiding in wrinkle reduction.
- Containing cinnamic acid, Shea Butter is an anti-inflammatory known to ease discomforts caused by eczema, psoriasis and sunburn.
- Has emollient properties that help the skin retain moisture. Extremely rich in vitamin E, it helps trap moisture inside the skin cell, keeping it hydrated for longer.
- In addition to vitatmin E, sunflower oil is rich in vitamin A, C & D. This makes it effective in the treatment of acne and other skin issues. The fatty acids act to regenerate new skin cells and help rid the body of harmful bacteria.
- The antioxidant properties prevent premature signs of aging. It helps protect the skin from exposure to sunlight and helps protect the collagen and elastin in the skin, which reduces the appearance of fine lines, and wrinkles.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce redness and roughness. It is also rich in omega-6 acid which helps to enhance the development of new skin cells.
SWEET ALMOND OIL:
- Highly emollient, which means it helps to balance the absorption of moisture and water loss.
- Full of vitamin E, A, monosaturated fatty acids, protein, potassium and zinc.
- Has antibacterial, anti-fungal properties that helps it treat wounds, scars or acne.
- High levels of vitamin E can help heal sun damage, reduce the signs of aging and fade scars.
SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL:
- Helps to reduce dark spots and blemishes.
- Boosts the circulation of blood within the skin, which helps promote cell growth and collagen synthesis.
- Shrinks large pores and firms skin.
- Controls excess oil in the skin.
YLANG YLANG ESSENTIAL OIL:
- It is used to reduce the signs of aging, soothe irritation, and to generally protect the skin.
- Ylang ylang essential oil is also used to alleviate stress, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, improve mood, and enhance libido.
- Is said to act as a natural insect repellent, promote wound healing, along with diminishing the appearance of scars when applied to the skin.